1 cup Corn Meal
1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Sugar
2/3 cup 2% Milk
1 large Egg
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Jalapeno Pepper!
- Pre-heat oven to 450°
- Combine dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and sugar).
- Mix together milk and egg, and add to dry ingredients.
- Add oil (or shortening) and mix well.
- Chop jalapeno pepper and mix into batter.
- Place in well seasoned cast iron skillet, and into preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a while on a cooling rack.