6 Chicken Legs
1 ½ cups Flour
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Black Pepper
16 oz Crisco® Shortening
- Soak chicken pieces in buttermilk overnight, I just add some buttermilk to the zip lock freezer bag it's in and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces (legs, thighs or wings) through flour mixture.
- Melt Crisco shortening and heat to 360° (use a deep fry thermometer)
- Gently place chicken pieces in heated oil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn pieces and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain on a cooling rack or some paper towels.